Volunteering terms and services
In order to be accepted as a volunteer Baton Rouge Pride (“THE EVENTS”), I hereby agree, for myself, my heirs, my guardians, and each of their successors and assigns, to the following terms:
- I agree to assume all risks, dangers, and injuries associated with being involved in THE EVENTS and release and hold harmless Baton Rouge Pride and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with Baton Rouge Pride.
- I understand that this waiver discharges Baton Rouge Pride from any liability or claim that I may have against Baton Rouge Pride with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation in THE EVENTS. I also fully understand that Baton Rouge Pride does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death, or property damage.
- I hereby release Baton Rouge Pride from any claim whatsoever which arises or may arise in the future on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services that are conducted in connection with an emergency during my time at THE EVENTS.
- I agree that in performing as a volunteer at THE EVENTS, my name, photograph, video image, voice recording, and other likenesses created during the event shall at all times be the property of Baton Rouge Pride, its successors and assigns, and such name, photograph, video image, voice recording, and other likenesses may be used by Baton Rouge Pride, its representatives, successors and assigns, for any reason, at any time, in perpetuity, without consulting me and without compensating me.
- I agree that I am not authorized to speak for Baton Rouge Pride and I shall not obligate Baton Rouge Pride in any contractual matter, nor do I have decision-making authority with regard to public safety matters.
- I agree to represent my age truthfully and understand that I must be over 21 years of age to volunteer under certain circumstances.
- I agree to abide by all rules and regulations as prescribed by Baton Rouge Pride managers and leadership.
- I agree that I have never been found incompetent or incapacitated. I have carefully read this waiver and understand the contents and sign this document of my own free will. I also understand that my signing of this waiver is a material inducement for Baton Rouge Pride to accept me as a volunteer.
- I expressly agree that this waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Louisiana in the United States of America, that this waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this waiver which shall continue to be enforceable.